SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wduzak

Searching for snakes indoors

wduzak
18 years ago

A friend called and asked if I would help a woman find a snake in her house. She had seen it the day before when her cat located it in the bedroom and the snake promptly headed under the bed. From her description and letting her look through a book on snakes we decided it was probably a black racer. The habitat around her mobile home certainly was black racer territory.

I tore her bedroom apart and never found the snake. it may have gone down an air-conditioning duct in the floor, which was likely where it got in. There was a tear in the duct work, the woman told me, and there were mouse droppings in the vent.

Anyway, are there any tips - things someone might overlook - when looking for a snake in a house or even in a single room.

It's bit like detective work and heaven knows I'm no Sherlock Holmes.

I looked in all the places I could think of, including the dirty laundry, stacks of towels, all the closets and open boxes and under everything that might hide a three-foot "dark gray brown snake" that was "slender with a little head."

Any thoughts or tips???

Is it that after eliminating all the possible answers, the last one remaining - however improbable - must be the right answer.

"Madam, I have deduced that the snake must be in the toilet water closet. or - at this very moment - secreted somewhere on your person!!"

Comments (2)

Sponsored