SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sarajoy7

Replacement Cartridges - Hard to Find - Substitutions?

sarajoy7
10 years ago

I have a lovely deck-mounted, wide-spread, bridge faucet manufactured by Whitehaus. I need to replace both the hot and cold cartridges, as we have unfortunately devoloped a leak. I am having a really difficult time finding a replacement cartridge for a reasonable price. I'm wondering if there is a universal fit option that I can use in place of the Whitehaus manufacturer's replacement part. Does anyone with expertise know of something that I could use?

Here are some more specifics on the part for which I trying to find compatible substitutions:

- Whitehaus, Metrohaus faucet, WHL1215
- Replacement part numbers - WH53CC581XA and WH53CC581XB
- A really helpful diagram, with measurements can be found at bluebath.com (I'm not able to share the photo here as the website doesn't allow it)

To clarify, I HAVE found this part from a couple of online retailers, but when I looked for information on the reputation of the seller, they were either given really poor customer service ratings (citing long waits and back orders) or outright decried as fraudulent scammers. I have also found the cartridges for sale on reputable sites like Amazon.com, but they are very expensive (at $55 per cartridge, I may as well go buy myself an entirely new faucet!). I have seen other cartridges online from manufacturers like Grohe, which LOOK similar, and seem to be of similar size and function, but I'm not sure if I can just use one manufacturer's cartridge in lieu of another. I'm a fairly handy homeowner, but I'm not a plumber. Are there any tricks of the trade that will help me save some money here?

Comments (6)