SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jules0988_gw

Shih Tzu question regarding biting Grandson

jules0988
15 years ago

I need some moral support. My son owns a Shih Tzu and has had this dog for over 8 years. He has since married , had 2 children in the last 8 years. I have been babysitting his children this week and his 3 year old son (my Grandson) has been chasing our own 8 month old pups around throwing punches at them and basically terrorizing them all week. I correct him very seriously for doing this by the way. My Grandson came in this morning with a serious wound on his face in which my son indicated he received as a result of punching the Shih Tzu last night. This is something he apparently does on a regular basis at the insistence of his parents telling him not to. This is the first time the dog has acted out at either of children or anyone else for that matter in the entire time my son has owned the dog. It was a bite that the Grandson took to the face from the dog. He is a sweet, precious little dog and I just need some input from the friendly dog lovers on here that this was an isolated incident due to the harm he was undertaking by my Grandson. The dog was here at my home today with me all day along with the children and he was obedient, docile and did everything I asked him to do. He is quiet and keeps to himself since that is what he is used to he is home alone most days in a crate the majority of the time. My daughter in law is insisting he be gone from their home for the incident that took place and me and my husband are considering adding him to our pack. I feel the dog was simply protecting himself but need to know from more experienced owners if this is the case or do we have reason for concern. Do dogs turn on humans ?

Comments (51)