SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nibblin

help me solve a mystery...dog miserable.

nibblin
14 years ago

Hi-

Long time lurker-just remembering that there may be a vet on board named Megan?

Does anyone have advice or directions to explore with dog itchiness....

A very recent history:

I went on vacation last week. Dog was not itchy. Came back and she is extremely itchy, and the dogsitter noted this. I see a scaly patch on her rear and hair loss that I need to have checked. I noticed this yesterday. Vet appt. next week.

The dogsitters' own dog is noted for extreme allergies and takes medication for it...food allergies, environmental allergies, etc.

So-is there anything that anyone knows if there might be a connection between my dog suffering the same types of symptoms of this other allergy ridden dog? Something that might be environmental in their house vs. my own, or something communicable between the two dogs?

I know about mange, and fleas-and their dog has neither. He is well taken care of and they are told he's allergic to certain food ingredients, and things like grass and pollen.

Plus-my dog wouldn't have gotten such a large scaly patch within 5 days if it were mange, etc. (I don't think).

A correct answer or direction to search for answers could potentially help 2 dogs and save us countless $ and energy....

Thanks for your help.

Comments (11)