SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alisande_gw

Let's talk makeup!

alisande
13 years ago

I haven't worn foundation in decades. I've been wearing translucent powder over moisturizer, and was perfectly happy with that for a long time. But recently the changes in my face have become impossible to ignore, and when I read that powder accentuates wrinkles and ages skin further, I took a good look and had to agree.

So I've abandoned the powder. One of my moisturizers (Jason's Ester-C Creme) leaves a somewhat matte finish, so I don't feel desperate to improve the situation. But I'd like to explore foundation again. Is there anything out there that actually improves the look of aging skin? And it would be nice if it didn't break the bank. :-)

I do have some mineral makeup that I like a lot. But there are times it seems to accentuate wrinkles. At least that's how it looks to me. I realize I'm not the most skilled when it comes to applying it, though.

While you're at it, what are some of your favorite products? I just ordered (on eBay) a new supply of my #1 picks for eyebrows and eyeliners: Avon's Glimmersticks (brows) in Blonde, and Avon's Ultra Luxury Eye Liner in Khaki. I also like the latter in Charcoal.

I like eye shadow for evenings out, but in shades that look like natural shadows: taupe, grey, and soft lavender. I discovered just last year how much easier it is to apply shadow properly with a brush (rather than a foam applicator).

I have a shamefully large lipstick collection, most of them bought on eBay. I love snagging "free with purchase" bargains. The sellers acquire these lipsticks (which don't usually come in the luxury cases) and sell them cheap. I satisfy my cravings for Estee Lauder, Clinique, and Lancome this way. :-)

So......how about you?

Comments (41)