SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cheripatrice_gw

3 Cabinet Colors, Country French--Thoughts & Pics Please

CheriPatrice
13 years ago

Hi, My fiance and I are in the process of building a spec home. The interior design is a cookie cut of 37+ other patio homes on our street so I'm trying to make it my own. All of my furnishings and wall decor will be French Provincial. Since those fabrics are bright, my walls will be BM Bleeker Beige, my trim will be BM Cloud White, the giant island will be black with an aged finish, my cabinets will be BM Bone White (and later I'll do a DIY antique glaze). The way the kitchen is layed out is that there is a small strip of cabinets off to the right of the island and main cabinets with vent hood. The cabinets on the right wall go over my stainless refrigerator and then extend about 3 cabinets top and bottom. I'm trying to determine if I'm brave enough to paint those cabinets a totally different color BM 1586 which is a thunder grey blue. The builder usually puts glass inserts in the tops, and I decided last night that instead I will try to find that wire criss cross looking stuff you see inset in some country kitchen cabinets. Anyway, the thought would be to use different hardware on that strip of cabinets, too. What do you think? Too much or go for it? I have to turn in paint colors/instructions today at lunch. Thanks!!!

Comments (9)