SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
texasgal47

Artwork for Diningroom

texasgal47
10 years ago

My small diningroom is almost completely decorated except a large oil painting is needed for one empty wall. I'm doing tropical/British colonial. The empty wall is 10'2"w. with a doorway to the left and the vaulted ceiling peaks at 12' off center, on the left side of the black wall. The walls are painted a soft gold with a deeper tone of gold tile on the floor. Built-in cabinets opposite the blank wall are cream. The dining table is a burled walnut parson's style rectangular table with a herringbone off-white textured fabric with brown suade welting on the partson's style chairs. The chandelier is strauss crystal. From the diningroom, one can see through a large wall opening the bookcase in the familyroom which has creme cabinets with copper and black grasscloth in the back of the shelves. I'd like the colors in the painting to be primarily gold, or gold undertones, with a little black & copper as well as white, blue and creme with the subject to be tropical. My original thoughts were to have a triptych or the painted panels of a folding screen to cover a large area of the wall. However, I've come across a large painting of quality for a very good price on ebay. It can best be seen on artbrokerage.com. If one googles artbrokerage + Arozi + Magic Sunset, a good view of the painting is available. I like it and think it would go nicely. My hesitation is that I think something with a little more gold in it would flow better across the walls to make a small room look larger. An example is KevinMP's painting in his DR which nicely picks up the wall color in a large portion of the piece. The other piece I really like is by an artist on Maui who did the painting which hangs above my fireplace. To see his other painting I'm considering, if you google --2012 Lahaina poster -- a painting by Carleton Kincade entitled "Lei Day" should automatically come up. That painting was the Lahaina painting that won the 2012 poster award. All I can say is that the painting makes me feel happy each time I view it on the internet. It has a lot of gold in it and the bright colors would brighten up my room. I've already emailed the artist to see what he would charge to repaint that piece in about a 36" x 36". Anyway, I'd appreciate your feedback and any other suggestions. Don't worry, I only buy art that I really love. Your brutal honesty is really appreaciated.

Comments (22)