SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newhomeseeker

kittens

newhomeseeker
14 years ago

A stray cat had two kittens in our garage. I already have four inside-only cats. One is only a year old. I went to a rescue to adopt a cat before. I adopted the one they had had for over a year (the cat that had been there the longest). I have a soft spot for the "runt of the litter" and the ones that no one wants. I no longer have her (I let my ex keep her as she was his baby and he dotes on her to this day) I found two of my cats on the road as kittens and one (antother road rescue) was given to me by my sister when he was 3 years old. My oldest female was given to me by someone who no longer wanted a cat.

However, I always feel so bad when I see the cats at rescues because they are in cages and want attention and I want to take them all home with me. I had decided to send these two kittens to a cat rescue to adopt them out (I will foster them). I called and made the arrangements today. I am starting to change my mind because I am attached to them (they are living outside on the back porch and are VERY spoiled) I wish I could bring them inside but because of my 4 kitties, I can't. I know they WANT to be inside cats becasue they always try to follow me in the house and jump on the door. They deserve to have a great home.

I am just so sad that they may end up in a cage at the rescue for weeks at a time before they are adopted. Also they probably won't be adopted together (they are brothers and they always sleep on top of one another and are very attached). They are only eight weeks old. I know they will have a better home (if they find one) than I could give them (they would be outside cats). They are just so precious and I've been taking care of them since they were a few weeks old. I also have another stray (female spayed) that I've been feeding since winter. She evidently used to be a house cat because she is always trying to get into the house. She is our "porch cat" because she is always waiting to be fed on the porch. She is a solid black cat (I know they are sometimes hard to adopt out) and she loves attention. I know she would have a better home adopted somewhere but I don't like the idea of her stuck in a cage. Please talk some sense into me!

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH