SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3katz4me

Speaking of cats - a kitten update

3katz4me
last year
last modified: last year

Well she is now nine months old and we've had her for almost seven months. Maggie, the resident cat, still doesn't like her but the hissy fits are much less frequent and usually not much more than a short hiss or growl. In the last couple weeks the kitten is not chasing her or jumping on her much and is instead licking her head!! Today it was more like seven licks instead of 2-3 - no hissing or growling. Maggie is reclaiming some of her favorite spots and is hanging around with us more even when the kitten is in the vicinity and is otherwise behaving more like her old self - not completely but much better. Our vet said we needed to give it at least six months and I guess she knew what she was talking about. Maybe by the time we've had her a year all will be peaceful.

Yoko, the kitten, is really a mama's girl - snuggles up on my lap every morning and "has coffee" with me. The unfortunate thing about this is that she's kind of a scaredy cat with strangers including the cat sitter. We've only left her twice and the first time was with my neighbor at the lake and she spent a lot of time with them so Yoko warmed up pretty quick and got into lap time with her. However the regular cat sitter is here for an hour twice a day so she just starts coming around about the time we are getting back home. I think Maggie loves it though as she can get a lot of attention while Yoko makes herself scarce.

Yoko on left, Maggie on right.

Comments (18)