SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3katz4me

Kitten update #4

3katz4me
last year
last modified: last year

Well, we are not out of the woods yet. I have observed resident cat (Maggie) and kitten (Yoko) touching noses twice without hissing/growling but there is still plenty of that going on. The kitten was in for her last vaccinations and I talked to the vet and tech about the situation. They said to give it more time as long as there's no blood or fur flying. They also said to feed them together - within in sight of each other. Apparently that leads to some kind of bonding. So I've been doing that - even about six inches apart - and it goes okay. Maggie usually hisses at Yoko as she departs the feeding area. I also got a pheromone diffuser - not sure if that's a scam but thought it was worth a try.

Maggie does seem to be sticking around most of the time to do what she wants - lay in the sun on the porch or get attention. She's not nearly as reclusive as she was so that's good but Yoko gets in her face and ruins her enjoyment quite often. I think they'd be fine if the kitten didn't stalk her and rush and jump at her but she is still a curiosity to the kitten. September 7 will be two months so I'll see how it's going then.

Fortunately the other cat loves the kitten - he lets her play with him and they sleep together. He's kind of big and I think he's slimming down a bit from being more active.

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz