SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alisande_gw

Kitten update (with pics)!

alisande
12 years ago

I finally got pictures of the ice-house kittens. The orange one is spoken for, but not the others.

I've been trying to tame them, and have made some progress, but it's hard because the ice house has so many hiding places. The calico is still more skittish than her siblings, but even the sibs don't exactly come running to me when I show up. A video I watched on taming feral kittens said to seduce them with baby food (chicken or turkey), but these guys are not interested. They do like dry Kitten Chow, though.

Oldgardener, you were right about the mama cat springing through the window with a mouse when it was time to introduce solid food to her babies. Except it wasn't a mouse--it was three little bunnies. Worse, only two of them were dead; the third was thrashing about with a broken spine. I had to kill it. No fun.

After that is when I started delivering Kitten Chow to them. They're using the litter box, too. I'm going to try calling the vet today to get advice on when the mother can be spayed. I wouldn't be surprised if she's pregnant again already. This is what happened with the last nursing mother I adopted.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville