SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kisu_gw

wall mount tub faucet not legal?

kisu
11 years ago

I'm told that you can no longer install a wall mount tub faucet.
But this is the look we want. Is there any way to get this look but be code compliant?

First, this is a free standing deep tub - one of those new acrylic modern looking ones - this will be a tub only - no shower.

I am told that my only choices that are code compliant are:
(a) a deck mount tub faucet that you mount on a horizontal surface either on the tub rim if it's wide enough to drill or put it on an adjoining horizontal tile/stone deck surface.

(b) Or get a Shower valve control and wall mount tub filler - but the plates for shower controls are huge and not very appealing look. This is why option B is not appealing.

(c) get a Floor mount tall faucet and put that near the free standing tub - we don't like the bulky look of the floor faucet though.

I don't mind having one control for hot/cold mixer but I want the look of a small control knob and a tub spout or 2 knobs and a tub spout. Is there a system that has one knob as mixer and one knob as volume so we could have that balanced look?
It's the huge shower valve plate we want to avoid.

I know that separate hot/cold handles are illegal on wall near the tub. But it's weird to me that if I built a half wall nearby and put in a Deck mount Roman tub filler system - they come with separate hot/cold handles. Yet this is not allowed for wall mounting.

Could someone please explain this to me?

Comments (8)