SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ninapearl_gw

dog w/bloody nose

Ninapearl
14 years ago

my 11 year old female corgi has had a couple of bloody noses over the past few weeks. i'll try to be brief, please give me input if you have any ideas...

first bloody nose (bright red, gushing) was the first week in june. took her right in, vet gave her vitamin K shot for clotting, it cleared up.

second time was several days later, not as bad and it stopped almost immediately.

took her in for sinus/head x-rays on june 10. vet saw nothing on the x-rays unusual other than a "dense" spot at the end of a tooth root which he assumes is infection. he did a smear of some nasal secretion and found bacteria. she has been on one month of Clavamox antibiotic and has about 3 days of pills left.

for the past couple of days, i have noticed a slight discharge from her nose, pinkish in color, so i know there is blood although it is not fresh blood.

she seems to be panting more than usual, snoring much more than normal and her breathing is more rapid. i am taking her back to the vet at 4:00 today.

i am so worried that there is a tumor that did not show up on x-ray. the only other test i can think of would be an MRI or CT scan to determine if, in fact, there is a tumor.

maggie's activity level is much reduced. i have been attributing that to the fact that it's been extremely hot and humid here and she does NOT like to be outside in that kind of weather. however, for the past few days, she seems more depressed, does not get excited about going for walks, car rides, etc.

any ideas?

Comments (14)