SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jennybird_gw

My collie needs help - long post

jennybird
16 years ago

I have a female collie who will be 3 on Aug 27. I have taken her to the vet 3 times in the past 2 wks b/c she has so much going on right now. She is having trouble w/allergies and is on antibiotics b/c her skin is so bad. She also has a very slow thyroid, so just started on a med for that. She needs to lose some weight so I switched her food. She doesn't eat anything now, just the turkey I wrap her pills in twice a day. The most alarming thing though is that her legs shake, esp the rear ones. When she tries to poop, she ends up falling or lying down. Then, her back legs are so sore or stiff, she can only walk a couple feet before lying down again. She had a really bad patch of skin right at the base of her tail, I have washed it carefully and washed all the thick, crusty stuff off of it. The base of her tail seems very swollen. I am wondering if this is the reason for her falling, though her front legs seem shaky sometimes too. Has anybody experienced anything like this? I have switched her back to her old food, but she still isn't eating. I should mention that she has been constantly panting for several days. It is very hot here, but she does it even when the temp is comfortable. The vet thinks this could be in response to pain, though she is on pain pills.

Comments (7)