SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tresisters_gw

Plumbers assistance, please. Pictures of 'roughed in' plumbing.

tresisters
16 years ago

First off, thanks in advance for any suggestions. My husband and I are beginning a DIY basement remodel and are just starting to lay-out plans. Please see the included photos: the wall on the left will separate the existing bedroom and the bathroom. As of now, there are just studs present and the bedroom side is sheetrocked. As you can see, a laundry style sink is in working order, draining properly. Nearby is a hole on the floor, which I'm assuming is for the toilet. The center of the hole is located 4'4" from the concrete wall and 3'9" from the studs / bedroom wall. The width from the studs to the plumbing stack is 5'1/2". Will this allow enough room for a shower? I figured that I could come out to 8' from the concrete wall, using the common bathroom lay-out for that size room: shower along the 5' wall, toilet and then vanity style sink on the wall adjacent to the door. I really know very little about plumbing and I'm not even sure if there is any "give" to the placement of the toilet in regard to the "hole", which I guess should be called the sewer drain. Please excuse my ignorance - maybe by the end of the project I'll have some of the correct terminology down.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Thanks again,

Laura

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!