SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chrisk327

How to get a plumber to do work...

13 years ago

So we hired the plumber, it was actually a hard process to go through as people weren't returning calls etc. finally we got a few quotes and got a plumber.

We have our contract and pay schedule.

He told us it would take 5 days to rough in, that they started they'd be on the job every day to get it done etc...

my GS/brother in law, has worked with him and his company in the past. we trusted the plumber.

it took him a bit to actually get on site, he got on site at the begining of Dec.

We're sitting here at Jan 26th and rough plumbing isn't done. waste lines are run, but not hooked into the tubs/shower. Supply lines are run, but not hooked in. Gas isn't done. We've called the office, gotten excuses, etc. we complain forcefully etc.

how do we get him to complete the job? how do we move on from here?

he's connected in the town, so we're a bit afraid of trying to drop him and try someone else. plus in the area, everyone knows everyone and most likely will either not do the job, or slam us on fees, dispite it being a decent area. The other concern is he does have a lot of my $$, like 40% of the total plumbing bill.

maybe there isn't an answer, begging...

its funny we've tried so many differnet approaches from being nice, to being stern, to being angry.... We have most of his tools too, so I'm not really sure what he's doing.

Comments (14)