SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lcottrell_gw

Hot water running out

lcottrell
17 years ago

This is relatively a common problem from what I can tell, but I can't figure out the cause. We just moved into this new house. It was built in 2000, and the house is on a well water system and has a pressurization tank next to the water heater. The water heater looks fairly new, so I'm assuming it is as old as the house. I have drained it, as well as replaced both elements and both thermostats, and still I can barely get through 1 shower before the hot water is running out. I've tried to research the typical causes, and have addressed them, but haven't seen any improvement. The water heater is 50 gal, and there is only my wife and I in the household. We are not taking excessively long showers, and not running the dishwasher or clothes washer close to the same time as we take a shower. I'm out of things to try, and the only thing I can think is maybe it has something to do with the well and/or pressurization tank? I have never had a house with either before, so I know nothing about them yet. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Comments (17)