SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cutencuddly

Good Morning All :-)

cutencuddly
13 years ago

I was the breeder who posted a while ago. Well, I've been diagnosed with inoperable brain cancer and we lovingly re-homed all of our babies to GOOD homes (I didn't just give them to anyone and certainly wasn't putting them in a shelter!) except our therapy/service dog Max (Our Golden Retriever we got for our Autistic Son!) My problem is his buddy is gone (who we tried to get back from the rescue he went to 2 days later and they refused to return him to us, My kids want me to activate his chip (AKC) because we believe the rescue sold him which is why they wouldn't return him.. it's a long story) a Shiba Inu who was agressive at feeding time, but Max would eat. Our Shiba's been gone about 2.5/3wks now and it's a fight getting him to eat! Nothing's changed except he's the only dog now, he's definitely lost weight.. I've been keeping up with Frontline/Heartguard so I don't believe it could be heart worm, no extra treats to make him full, except his NuVet Vitamin! He's eaten here and there (in fact he stole my SHRIMP and gulfed it down, but wouldn't eat his kibble (wet or dry he's always eaten!))

Is he just missing his buddy? Is he looking for his approval still to eat? We've tried everything (including our leftovers with his kibble mixed in!) He drinks up a storm, he's peeing a storm and has 3 stools a day that have to come from SOMEWHERE! I'm just lost as to what to do, I never in all my years had a Dog who wouldn't eat (we feed whole earth and switch to Before Grain when they're adults and switch up the flavors!) and he ALWAYS had a voracious appetite.

We're ALL worried about our furry baby, vet said no worms, stool normal, he's normal size he'll be OK but how can he just stay away from SO many meals

Thanks in advance :0)

J

Comments (4)