SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
scarlett001

Curtain rod for tab top curtains? (photo)

Scarlett001
11 years ago

I am going to use a brown metal curtain rod to match the dark brown wrought iron chairs etc. in my kitchen. I picked up a curtain rod at the store that looks pretty good but the rod itself it not particularly thick in terms of diameter. It might be 5/8" or perhaps 3/4".

The window in question is the patio sliding door in the photo and this is the curtain (there is a second curtain).

(i) Is there any standard advice for the diameter of curtain rods for tab top curtain?I was wondering if it would be better to try and find a curtain rod that is a bit thicker (while not thin, it makes no notable statement) than the size mentioned above or can any size work with tab tops? Or would too thick of a rod overwhelm the beautiful light and chairs and maybe not too thick is okay?

(ii) What about the height at which to install the curtains? I assume that I don't want any of the upper oak window trim to show between the tabs so they should be high enough to cover the oak trim

If it might help, I can try and post a photo of the possible curtain rod in a bit.

This post was edited by Scarlett001 on Sat, Mar 23, 13 at 15:43

Comments (6)