SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
freijecustomer

EasyWater system works too well!

freijecustomer
14 years ago

I searched the forums to see if anyone else was having the same problems we are having and read the thread regarding "Yes or No to EasyWater" and realized there are people out there who would just like to hear from real people with experience with the system and not a war of the wits so I decided to post this - besides I need help!

I am not a chemist or scientist or water softener employee - just an average consumer. About two years ago our water heater went out - completely clogged with scale build-up. We decided to purchase a tankless water heater. With the new tankless system and a new dishwasher we decided it was time to invest in a system to protect our appliances against scale build-up. We decided on the EasyWater system. Our home was about 20 years old at the time and had never had any kind of water softening system. We chose the EasyWater system because we did not necessarily want to 'change' our water since our well is tapped into great tasting, rust-free natural spring water, we just wanted to remove and prevent build up.

Well I can't tell you how it works but I can tell you that it definitely does work because for the past two years since installation we have been dealing with loosened scale! We have a septic system so I keep screens in my drains and they are constantly full of what looks like large amounts of crushed shell - what we assume is the result of the EasyWater system breaking down the scale in our pipes. The problem is the pieces that don't make it out of the faucets get caught in the valves and block the water from flowing freely. With out a steady, high-pressure flow of water, the tankless water heater doesn't kick on and heat the water. I can't tell you how many times we have taken our faucets apart and picked out scale chunks! We have also on several occasions (as often as weekly) flushed out the tankless water heater which has been full of these 'crushed shells'. We have even had to replace some faucets. This has taken over our lives! We keep thinking that eventually there won't be any scale left but now we are wondering how long it takes to de-scale 20 years worth of build-up! We think if we can get through it, it will be worth it but this had been going on for two years! Is this happening to anyone else? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Comments (2)