SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gmnolen

Almost Finished Master Bedroom . . . (pics)

gmnolen
14 years ago

A few weeks back I posted about my bedroom. I just couldn't get it right. It was not the relaxing haven I had attempted to make.

So I decided I wanted something that would remind me of our visits to the Caribbean. Here's what I ended up with. My DH helped with the wainscotting and the crown moulding. I still need to hang drapes--they will be sheer white. I also have other art to hang but I haven't gotten it done yet. DH did make me some frames for some artwork that I already had that blended into the background (wall color). He made me white frames to add that "pop". I found a slipper chair made from the fabric on the pillows on the bed. Do you think that would be too "matchy-matchy" or would it be okay?

Any suggestions you have to finish off the room would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for all of your great ideas! I would never have attempted something like this if I hadn't found and perused (repeatedly) GW.

BTW, the color is not correct on my monitor. It is a blue-green, depending on the light. It is Behr's Clear Pond and reminds me of the waters of the Caribbean.

Comments (9)