SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
judiegal6

Advice? Golden Retriever Diagnosed With Rare Form of Lymphoma

judiegal6
14 years ago

Hi everyone,

I'm under my mothers account writing to you because I know that you are all very helpful and supportive. My 13 year old Golden Retriever had a tumor removed on Wednesday, and today I recieved the call with the results that is is cutaneous-epitheliotropic lymphosarcoma. Basically, a form of lymphoma on the skin. It is very rare. I was referred to a nearby oncologist and they will call me back to make an appointment. I'm lost here. I don't know what to do. There are so many websites, so many suggestions and medical lingo that I just can't understand. I need real advice. I recently started Savannah, my golden, on fish oil and Co-Q10. Coincidentaly, I've read both of these are good cancer supplements, especially the fish oil. I know now to give her 3 pills a day due to her weight, I was only giving her two. I also know, to switch to a low to no grain, high fiber diet. I'm thinking Wellness Core, the low fat type, since she is senior. Any other advice? Anything at all. I will also take advice on preventative care for my 5 year old Border Collie. Thank you.

Comments (11)