SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stahlee_gw

Water softener and filtration info

stahlee
10 years ago

Hi all, I'm starting he process of getting a water softener and filter for our home. I have our water test kit in hand to get the analysis done and I have a few questions.

Based on previous threads, this is what I believe I need tested for the water softener: hardness, TDS, pH, copper, arsenic, sodium, iron (ferric and ferrous), and manganese.

As for filtration, we have city water. However, it's heavily chlorinated and doesn't taste great. Our ice also tastes a lot like dirt, pretty bad. For this reason, we've used a water cooler for the last 5 years and haven't used our ice maker since we bought the house. Unfortunately, the Sub Zero has no filter.

So, I'm looking to filter water for a second water faucet at the kitchen sink, ice maker in the fridge and a pot filler over the cooktop. After deliberation and going back and forth whether to purchase an RO system, I've decided I'll probably go with an Everpure H-1200. Before going that route, should I add any water tests to decide on a filtered water system?

Once I get this info, I'll be asking about a proper water softener system. Is there anything else I may need for the water test?

Thanks for any info!

Comments (11)