SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bunnyemerald

using 2 wall colors where rooms flow together

Bunny
15 years ago

I have a small house where my living/dining/kitchen flow together. Also, because of some rounded edges, I can't always change color where I want.

This picture looks down my living room to the dining area. Off to the right is my kitchen. There's about 6 feet of space behind where I'm standing taking the picture. Sorry for the mess. :)

I want to paint the living/dining/hallway (off to the right) beige. Because of orange-y oak cabinets in the kitchen, I thought I'd paint the kitchen a soft sage (no blue, more muted).

Here's what I'm thinking: Start the green paint in the far left-hand corner (to the left of the curtain panels) and continue around the kitchen. Would the far dining room wall look weird as a different color? What about if I brought the green around that tall narrow wall (with the cats' picture) and stopped at the corner beside it? The hall goes off to the right, past where you see blotches of paint on the wall.

I will err on the side of conservative, but could use some input before the paint goes on.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (5)