SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hunzi_gw

any old school plumbing experts around?

hunzi
10 years ago

I'm looking for a vintage toilet for our latest bathroom project. No judging! I think my 90yr old pipes like 5 gal flushes.

I promised my hubbie no more back/top spud versions like the one on the 2nd floor (1925 original to the house) - so I need a vintage close coupled toilet!

I've located a 1946 Kohler Wellworth at the local salvage yard. Looks like the china is in good shape on 1st look, I'll go back and give it a better exam before I buy it.

My question is, is there anything funky about the plumbing? Any super impossible to find parts (like Case Toilets are notorious for!) Any notorious problem parts like weird leather gaskets or the little flush flaps on the Cranes with the Styrofoam that falls off?

I'm assuming we'd need to basically replace everything, gaskets, bolts, fill & flush valves. I prefer OEM, but if they aren't available I'll take whatever works.

My favorite old school plumbing supply guy has had a heart attack recently and the inside sales is closed. Sadness, so I don't have my usual source of info. Please help!

Always ;-)
Hunzi

Comments (9)