SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
debrak_2008_gw

Can this cookie dough be saved?

debrak_2008
11 years ago

My friend has an old family receipe for sugar cookies (cut outs). Her sister has made them with great success.

My friend and I tried them yesterday. The only change to the receipe was using unsalted butter instead of shortening in the same amount. My friend doesn't like shortening for health reasons.

Four batches. All very sticky. In a call to her sister she was told you need to add alot of extra flour and no she never tried them with butter.

We added flour, lots. No matter what we did, adding floor, putting the fridge to cool. It still remained to sticky to do cut outs. He managed to cut a few cookies to baked them. Very doughy with little or no flavor.

2 batches we threw out and 2 I brought home and are loosely wrapped in plastic wrap in the fridge. I just hated throwing all that out.

Is there anything I can do with this dough? I would just use it for us not to give away cookies.

I'm going to start another thread about the difference in using butter vs shortening.

Side note: we quickly found a new recipe on line that called for butter and only had to chill 30 min. We ended up with a few dozen of pretty good, not fantastic, cookies.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES