SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
neetsiepie

Pantry area before, during, after (lots of pix)

neetsiepie
14 years ago

I finally 99% completed my pantry project. You'll see the transformation. My mom's husband custom made the cabinet doors and molding around the upper cabs. I found the pantry frame & the base at the Habitat for Humanity thrift store, the upper cabs and butcher block top came from Ikea.

This is not my dream kitchen, by any means. But it suits my personality and was all done DIY on a VERY tight budget. In order to get a better, custom kitchen, it would require major reno on the house and it's just not worth it for this house. Maybe in my retirement home...

This is what it looked like right after we bought the house:

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

during

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

and the final after

From Drop Box
From Drop Box
From Drop Box

Please bear in mind I'm a crummy photographer. The grout is actually black, but appears light gray in these photos. The new pantry is a dark espresso, in daylight it appears closer to the color in the photo. I'm debating about adding a black glaze, but I'm kind of liking this espresso. The wallpaper is more red, with copper accents. I've got to finish the top piece of molding on the doorway there (it's the bearing beam, so we had to keep it) and paint the wall behind the pantry. Our waterheater is on the far left, hidden by the dining room wall, so I had to make the base cabinet moveable. It's not attached. I am very happy with how it all turned out. It's not nearly as glamorous as the kitchens posted on this forum, but it's mine and it fits my style.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville