SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
charlikin

Slow drain in bathroom sink (x-post)

charlikin
15 years ago

Hi all - this is a x-post from the bathroom forum where I've been hanging out the past year as I do my kitchen & bathroom renovations... I'm hoping someone here can help me as the contractor is almost finished with the kitchen, and if the problem might have anything to do with the work he did, I need to know ASAP!

I'm having a weird problem with my new bathroom sink. It didn't start right away, just in the past couple of weeks. The drain gets very slow... If I run very hot water for a few minutes, it'll clear up, but then as soon as I run "normal" water again (warm or cold), it'll get slow again.

I'm very careful not to let hair go down the drain, but I'm sure I miss the occassional hair.

FWIW, it's a Porcher Sapho wall-mount sink with a LaToscana Elba single-handle faucet and drain, and a Kohler bottle trap. And I'm in an apartment building, not a house... It's an old building, circa 1948. All the pipes behind my wall were replaced as part of the bathroom reno.

Is it possible there's something the plumber did wrong in installation, or is it just a normal slow drain problem?

Any recommendations for how I can clear this up???

TIA!

Comments (7)