SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bli182nk

Bathroom Sink/ Drain Pipe (Drain Pipe broke leading to ground)

bli182nk
15 years ago

Originally there was a clog, then someone poured Draino in the sink and it was left for a couple weeks!! I decided to take the S trap off under the sink and clear the clog that way......

When I was putting the pieces back onto the sink, the S trap, and the pieces that leads to the drain pipe behind the wall I was having a hard time the drain pipe that runs from the wall to the ground broke, the break happened near the bottom where the pipe leads into the ground...

I had done some research on and found that flex couplings can be used to reconnect.. I went and bought the couplings but when I went to look through the hole under the sink I could not find where the drain pipe broke? I was thinking that the pipe should have gone straight down into the ground but when I look there is no hole or broken pipe. I just see solid wood and cement.. The drain pipe had to of gone somewhere in the small space... Under the sink I had cut some of the sheet rock to gain access to the pipes.. I must be missing something here. I am a true DIY person unless the job is to complicated for me..

Also let me say I have great respect for plumbers and the knowledge that goes with the job.. I understand there are probably a million scenarios that would require me to call and a plumber and I would be more than happy to do just that. I know when I am in Way over my head.. As of now I feel like this is something I can fix.. I have taken on some pretty big projects before so this one seems easy enough, as of now, if it does get to be a bigger project I will call someone...

Please someone help! I am thinking the answer is "right in front of me!"

Comments (4)