SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sduck2_gw

cat weight loss part 2

sduck2
14 years ago

Cat weight loss and Nutro?

Could it possibly be? My earlier post explained how my cat Moo recently became very, very sick. At first it was just weight loss. The vet did blood work and nothing. By the next Saturday he spiked a high fever and was rushed back to the vet office were she gave him antibiotics, did a urinalysis and took an xray. Other then unexplained sugar in his urine, and what seemed to be an enlarged kidney, he had emergency ultrasound,expecting the worse, again nothing.

Now is this a coincidence? I bought Nutra Natural Weight Control for my overweight cat who grazes on dry food. During this time, I went away for a week, boarding my overweight cat (asthma meds) and left my other 2 to graze on dry (Nutra) and be fed canned only once a day by a friend. When I noticed Moo loosing way too much weight and too many cat throw ups around, I stopped using the Nutra but heÂs been sick ever since. Now I find out that there is a recall on Nutra dry cat food. My vet kind of blew off my concern thinking it was internet junk, but since they canÂt explain his illness, IÂm really thinking I might be on to something. For the last 5 days, Moo has not thrown up and seems to be gaining some weight back, slowly.

There was an earlier post on the Nutra issue, which made me look into this. Where should I go from here? Can anybody find a reputable site my vet might actually believe?

Comments (5)