SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kalamityk

Color Ideas To Accent Navy Blue (LivingRoom)

kalamityk
14 years ago

I have a navy blue leather sectional, and while it will be replaced in the next year or so, I would like to decorate my living room now. I just moved into my very first home (well the first one I've owned outright) and I would like to make it my own.

Now the question is...how can I decorate around this blue couch. I wanted to do a lighter blue on the walls, and then tie in the couch with throws and pillows (I saw a picture in an older edition of Better Homes and fell in love), but now I'm thinking I want to do the bathroom a similar blue and also the bedroom in another shade of blue...the point is..I don't want an all blue household.

I was thinking about a reasonable yellow. Not bright taxicab yellow or anything, and not a pale, slightly off-white yellow either. I like bright colors, but of course I want to be sensible...I don't want company to come in and be blinded. Of course I already have picked up some paint swatches, but I can't get a good idea of what would look good from the little samples.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions (on yellow or any other color that may look good), I would GREATLY appreciate your input.

Comments (5)