SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ms_minnamouse

Weird changes in behavior

ms_minnamouse
12 years ago

Ginger is acting weird.

The two things I'm noticing are that she's shaking and she's restless.

More details on the shaking:

She shakes when I'm clipping her hair and while she may have done that a little or during the beginning, she didn't shake nearly so so much. Grooming isn't very stressful for her, I mean, I let her lay down and there's no pain involved. She could have had a bad experience when I used to have other people groom her but that's kind of moot since that was so long ago and she's shaking all of a sudden years later.

She never used to shake when I grind her nails or when I clean her ears but she's doing it now. Again, no pain involved and she gets to lay down. She also started shaking last night when I was brushing her teeth, which she's never done before and I've been brushing her teeth every night of her life for 10 years.

Today I had to leave her alone at home (I've been bringing her with me a lot when I go out) and like usual, when she has to be alone, I gave her a treat dispensing toy and a chew. But she started shaking. I'm not sure at what particular movement, maybe when she realized that I was leaving.

More details on the restlessness:

Ginger usually sleeps in pretty late but all of a sudden, she's been jumping off the bed to sleep on the floor, laying in the hallway instead of in my room, nosing things in my room, staring at me, etc. I do let her out to go potty really frequently so I'm sure that's not it.

I'm pretty sure nothing traumatic happened to her. I'm basically with her all the time. I guess she could be in pain but she's not showing any obvious signs of it and nothing has happened to cause her any pain besides getting three cysts removed like a month ago but like I said, that was a month ago and they were pretty shallow, at skin level.

She gets more than regular check ups with an annual geriatric cbc, she's on good joint supplements and she's not limping or laying oddly. Her appetite is hearty just like always. Her coat is crazy thick and grows too fast like usual, with a nice healthy feel to it, her weight is consistent, basically nothing else seems to be off.

Comments (8)