SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
serenityewart

Soft food diet for 15 year old Chase

serenityewart
15 years ago

My orange tabby, Chase is 15. A few months ago I came home to find him off his food, drooling excessively (and it SMELLED) and didn't really want to be touched...he's always been a very snuggly boy. I didn't have the money to take him to the vet and just did my best to make him comfortable, expecting the end was near. He seemed to slowly improve and one evening when I was turning off the lights for bed, I found one of his canine teeth on the floor in front of the fireplace. He seemed great after that but in light of this, I have started wetting his kibble and feeding him soft food several times a day. He just seems to be getting so thin although he eats and drinks several times a day and I'm wondering if there is something I can give him to help keep his weight up. He has always been a very large boy (about 22 lbs) but now I can feel his backbone and ribs and it looks like now his bottom canine is coming out too. Can I give him baby pablum mixed with gravy for taste just to mix it up? He loves the soft food but seems disinterested in the softened kibble. Any suggestions or recipes to fatten my boy up?

Comments (6)