SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
funkyart_gw

Help me break my bedding patterns

funkyart
16 years ago

I have been using greens and variations on greens in my bedding for as long as I can remember. The color combos change but it always includes a grey sage green.. and usually in the form of a funky quilt paired with a duvet. I've done jacuards, matelasse and floral.

Fast forward to yesterday when the quilt arrived that I had ordered (because it was a good price) before I bought my new dresser and iron bed. It is beautiful-- but oh man it is just more of the same that I've had for the last 25 years and it is rather dark-- not particularly cheery. I was up until 3am trying to find something new and different that would still pull my room together and I am bleary eyed.

So, I am asking for some help-- because at this point I think I may be as influenced by the desperate attempt to "change it up" as by style and fit. Two of the below still tend towards the grey sage color but they are sufficiently different that I am comfortable with them and clearly it is a color that is comforting to me. I have a personal favorite in the group-- but I do like each of the collections below and each brings in some blue which I have never had in the BR.:

Barbara Barry Springtime - this is a bit pricier than I'd like but I love how it is fresh and clean it looks and I like the tc. I am a little concerned that will look silly with my furniture though:

{{!gwi}}

Chandler Collection Serengeti Floral - love the color and pattern and it is the color/mood that I had originally envisioned for the room.

{{!gwi}}

Ralph Lauren Boathouse Floral - I am not sure if you can see, but there are blue flowers in the pattern (delphineum maybe? I am bad with flower names). I LOVE the duvet pattern but would likely pair this with pieces from the coco palm collection. I love the coco palm cream jacquard and the blue ribbon patterns and I am not thrilled with the pink that is paired here.

{{!gwi}}

I have a handful of "also rans" too but these are probably my top three and are pretty representative of the others.

I won't bore you with yet more pictures of the pieces I bought, but there is a large rustic but still feminine 9 drawer dresser and I am having an antique iron bed restored. There are other pieces including a well-worn pine trunk with iron handles. Paint is awaiting a bedding decision. I don't generally name my style because I am a rule breaker by nature ha.. but I am thinking British Colonial-ISH (which in my opinion is all over the board depending on which colony).

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022