SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ttodd_gw

Help Warming up Green & Blue Color Scheme

ttodd
16 years ago

Can a green & blue color scheme be 'warm'? I ask because green is the main color throughout my decorating. My LR walls are BM Baby Turtle. These warm, brownish greens crop up in every room I decorate whether it's a little or a lot.

Here is my LR:

My LR chairs are brown leather so they are warm too (this picture is so horribly washed out & my curtains really aren't so super shiny):

{{gwi:1543819}}

The accent colors that I tend to lean towards in decorating are almost always dusty blues & some purples. I don't have any of my throws or throw pillows in those pics to see the blues & greens that I tend to add.

I even base my gardens around these colors & am anxiously awaiting to dry my Nikko Blue Hydrangea's this year & add to my decor.

I'm worried that w/ soft blue accents that it may come across as too 'cool' looking when what I truly desire is a warm cozy space. I wonder this even more since this is the rug that I am looking to purchase:

{{!gwi}}

What do you think? Can it still be a warm & cozy place even w/ the addition of this green & blue braided rug? How?

I'd describe my style traditional w/ a modern country twist.

Comments (9)