SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
reno_fan

My New project....another renovation house

reno_fan
16 years ago

We found this cute house not long ago. Bank owned, in rough shape, etc. We're set to close on it tomorrow (hopefully).

It already has a lot of good things going for it, but it does need work. These photos were taken prior to the foreclosure.

Here's a breakdown of what I'm planning:

Master Bedroom. You can barely see it, but there's a nice fireplace to the left. The paint is really garish IRL. New carpet, new paint, and probably a chandelier.

Kitchen: We're tearing out the upper cabinets and having the soffit removed. Then we'll rebuild the cabinets to the ceiling to make the room feel less squatty. I love the brick floors, all of the appliances are newer, and the granite is in good shape, so we'll just reface the lowers, rebuild the uppers, and repaint it all a cream/glaze color.

Kitchen eating area:

As much as I love toile, this has to go. It's just too busy for the kitchen with the brick. We'll texture/paint, and that's pretty much it. The built in hutch to the left we'll probably paint a distressed black (the stain is in bad shape). I'm thinking a soft, muddied yellow for in here.

The front is just awful. (This is a very exclusive gated golf course community. This house is definitely the ugly duckling of the street.) We're going to have the covered entry expanded and the pillars replaced with something more substantial. WE'll repaint it all a dark sandy color, and replace the front door. Probably do some new landscaping as well.

The formal living room. Notice the HORRID green paint on the rock fireplace??? Ugh. Trying to figure out if we should just repaint or have the whole area trimmed out in wood.

Formal dining. I'm torn on whether or not to keep this wallpaper. I like toile, and I like the personality it has. But part of me says to ditch it. We're also having the floors re-stained a darker color.

The den right off the kitchen: You can't see it too well, but there are cute brick floors in here as well. We don't have to do much at all in here.

Master bath: Uch. I hate this wallpaper. We're gutting this bathroom.

The back yard: Pool's okay. For whatever reason, there is concrete, then wood around the pool. We're replacing it all with concrete, and will probably do an outdoor fireplace and a new pergola.

I'm sure I'll be around asking for ideas soon!

Comments (25)