SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flyingmickey

Help Redecorate Inlaws Kitchen (Pics)

flyingmickey
15 years ago

I am a big time lurker. Over the years I have posted about redoing my home but we are still in the process on doing the big work.

This is my inlaw's house. They are wanting to update their kitchen but are unsure of where to start and how far to go. They will probably stay in this house for three more years before downsizing. The neighbourhood is filled with similar homes with similar kitchens. The kitchen flooring is new. They have talked about new countertops.

The cabinets are yellowed oak and in great shape. Actually the whole kitchen is in as new condition.

My inlaws are looking for ideas to give it some excitment. It looks into the family room and which is probably the most used room in the house. They prefer muted colours and in these pictures it has the least colour than it normally has. While both have good taste in home decorating they often compromise to an extent where neither is happy with the outcome.

Any ideas would be helpful and I will pass them along. My ideas are a little drastic for them so it will be interesting to see what other have to say.

Thanks for your input.

This one has the closest colour match to the cabinets.

Comments (19)