SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mmidwest

Fridge and Range next to each other & handles don't match..

M V
10 years ago

So, it's 3:30 in the morning, and I'm supposed to order my range later today. I'm still up because I'm stressed over my appliance handles! I finally decided to stop googling and just post here for perspective. My brain is tired of making decisions. We're moving right now and I hate making decisions. I've had to make way too many in the span of a month! I realize in the course of life, that appliances handles aren't a big deal, but they feel like it right now!

My dh and I purchased a large, but dated, new to us home. We are trying to make changes, on a budget. At some point, the backsplash and hardware will be changed. The cabinets may also be painted, in the future. I posted a picture of the kitchen on another thread, asking for appliance finish advice. I decided to go with stainless. We found an open box, Samsung refrigerator, for a really great deal, so that sort of made the brand decision for us on a refrigerator. When we bought the refrigerator, I didn't notice that the Samsung handles were pretty distinctive as compared to other low to mid end appliance brands. I had chosen (based on online reviews/features for the price), a Samsung range. Then I went to look in the store and wasn't as pleased in person. I didn't care that much for the overall look and don't really like the grate shape. To me, it seems like there is a bar missing on each corner. I looked at sears and happened to find a range I like quite a bit, that is more heavily featured (true convection etc), for the same price (on sale). It is a kenmore (rebranded Frigidaire), and while the stainless color is very close, the handles are VERY different. If the appliances weren't going to be right next to each other, I wouldn't give it a second thought, but being so close, I'm worried it will bug me. I know this will never look like a high-end, dream kitchen, but I don't want to throw things off even further from ideal, with just an appliance! I'm attaching a picture of the fridge in my kitchen, as well as the 2 current range options. There will be an island, reinstalled where you see the cord sticking through the wood floors. If you look to the left of the cord, you can see the mark in the hardwood, that indicates the stopping point. Unfortunately, you will probably still be able to see the range handle above it. I think it's probably worse, since the Samsung drawer is almost even with the range handle.

What do you think? Are the 2 styles just 2 different to work well? Is this a case where it is better to go with the same brand? The Samsung is well reviewed...

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz