SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
velamina

Baking Mini Cheesecakes

velamina
13 years ago

I finally got around to the mini cheesecakes and the use of parchment and freezing before removing pan bottoms worked well, with no damage to crust. Thanks to all that helped with that one.

What I wasn't able to do successfully was to translate the recipe's cooking instructions to the smaller cakes using the initial high temperature (550 degrees) that is required to set and slightly brown the top of the cake, and then lower to 200. This works like a charm on a regular 9" cake for a perfectly smooth golden top with no cracks, but with the minis they were puffed up and cracked like souffle within 5 to 6 minutes, and then cooked for another 15 minutes at 200 before removal.

Maybe someone might be familiar with the science behind doing this to the minis without using the bain marie? I would love so much not to have to go back to that.

They don't look bad at all this way, and with fruit puree on top they look even better, (even upside down with the crust on top is a possible variation), but it would really help to get my recipe down the right way for this pan. They would look really irresistable in the cupcake liners.Tia.

Comments (2)