SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mountain_lady

Need help, have 15 yr old pekapoo

mountain_lady
11 years ago

I have a soon to be 15 yr old Pekapoo, male. He has lived his life with us. He is our Truck Dog. OK was a truck dog. My husband and I lived in the Semi for a few yrs and he was with us. He has always Eatten the same kind of food. taken walks and as he gets older we are having a hard time keeping him going. When its time to go out . he is out long enough to pee and back in. even if it is a nice day out. I have tried to leave him out with the other dogs. but he sits at the door and crys. If I dont let him in when he starts crying he will walk over to the window and start barking and crying till I let him in. Once inside he is back to sleep on the sofa. He has gained a total of 3 lbs in the last 4 yrs. I have went as far as cut the amount of food he gets in a day. I have tried to get him to take a walk with me. he will walk as far as our chicken house and turn around and go back to the house and wait for me . ( we are talking No more the 500 ft. ) he does not play anymore with the other dogs. once in a blue moon he will play with one of his toys. but that only last about 10 mins at most. He has been sleeping a lot and when I asked my vet she told me he is Very healthly for his age. The New thing I have been seeing is that he snores a lot more. to the point I have to send him out of the room, or wake him up. At this point I have sent him to bed and our room is upstairs and I hear him in my office . ( talking about 750 sq ft away. ) I am at a lose of what will help him with the weight problem and the snoring. can anyone tell me other things that i can try with my ole man. thanks so much

Comments (11)