SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathsgrdn

Remember my exchange student....

Kathsgrdn
12 years ago

who I sent to live with another family, the Russian girl, Liza? One of Sola's friends who came to her party yesterday (and is still here) said that Liza asked her if she could go to the prom with her. She said no one likes Liza at school because she talks constantly and complains all the time. So, it's not just us. None of the girls in their group want her to go with them to the prom, including Sola.

Last month Lauren and I went with Sola on a bowling trip to Louisville with the exchange students and their host parents. I wasn't going to go because I didn't want Liza to feel uncomfortable but the local coordinator talked me into it. Just the little bit of time I was around her, we rode in the same vehicle and then bowled together, made me realize I made the right decision. Gosh she is so annoying and attention-seeking. As soon as we left the restaurant that we had dinner at, Liza, asked the coordinator if we were going to do anything else. She told her she was going grocery shopping-lol.

Lauren doesn't want anymore exchange students and I don't think I want any either. I might do it again someday but probably not anytime soon. I think Lauren's tired of sharing everything and feeling obligated to invite them to do everything with her and her friends. She made a comment the other day that she at least wanted her senior year to herself.

Comments (19)