SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fnmroberts

Mastr Bathroom Paint - Concur or Suggestions Please

fnmroberts
12 years ago

Greetings All,

I don't believe I have previously asked for your expertise selecting paint colors. Generally colors work for me but for our Master Bath, while I have pondered many and selected ones which hopefully will work, I am still in a quandary so am requesting your evaluation/confirmation/recommendations.

Project creep is the norm here. Updating the Master Bath began with a need to replace our roof and in conjunction we are having a new sky light installed. This necessitated removal of the cloud them wallpapered ceiling. So, being this far committed, we have decided to give the room a "facelift". The footprint, tile (same pattern wall/floor) and bathtub remain unchanged. A new glass shower enclosure, new vanity cabinet/granite top/basins/faucet and new WC. The vanity and adjacent Linen Cabinet will be maple, stained Ebony tone will be selected with the cabinet maker. Yes, I would like to gut and start anew but the current housing market just doesn't warrant such.

Here is where I seek advice. The tile (floor and wall) is not changing nor will the carpeting in the adjacent bedroom. We have selected granite for the vanity. The only place where it will be in contact with the tile is as a pony wall cap by the shower. It all needs to coordinate though and my color leanings are toward C2 paint. I've studied SW and BM too but keep coming back to these:

Ceiling: C2 Fresco (a hint of blue).

Wall over vanity and two adjacent walls: C2 Fusion (a dark tan we've also used this color on a wall in our kitchen.

Wall opposite vanity: C2 Magnet (a dark blue and this color will reflect in the mirror but otherwise not be visible from the bedroom).

The bathroom is bright with a southwest exposure having a 2ft. x 4ft. window plus a skylight. As master bathrooms go it is not large, measuring approximately 8ft. x 12ft. with a vaulted ceiling. How do you think these colors go with the tile and granite? MBR is now tan but will soon be repainted so it is not an issue.

Proposed paint colors with selected granite against existing tile and adjacent carpeting

{{!gwi}}

Showing tile and pony wall.

{{!gwi}}

Vaulted Ceiling

{{!gwi}}

Comments (6)