SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wi_sailorgirl

Ack! Bathroom paint color disaster. Help please!

wi-sailorgirl
13 years ago

I set out to paint our our new bathroom today. Everything taped off from the drywallers priming last week so it's a good time to get in these rooms.

After doing a large tester on posterboard, I decided to go with BM Pale Smoke because I wanted a blueish gray (not gray-blue). I didn't want a white, white ceiling so I also got the Pale Smoke diluted 50% and used that for the ceiling.

I got as far as doing the ceiling and cutting in on the walls when it became clear to me that Pale Smoke is not the right choice. It's coming up very baby blue looking. Anyone have some color suggestions for something more gray, but not overly gray?

These are our tile choices (there's nothing in the room right now so photos of the space don't help much). The gray tile (almost Revere Pewter in color) is for the floor, the off-white is for the walls and the oval glass tiles are our accent tiles in sort of a Caribbean blue. Cabinetry will be medium to medium-dark wood, sink and toilet will be white. The tile will run around the room to wainscotting height.

It's a small room : 8x8. The shower will have a glass enclosure. There are two windows, one small 24-inch square window facing west, and another, larger window facing north.

Suggestions very much appreciated. The other color I sampled was Quiet Moments which seemed too green to me.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
John Romans Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full Service, Turn-Key Construction & Design Company