SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sooey_gw

Sewing/fabric question.

sooey
12 years ago

Hi Kids,

I am about to begin a sewing project that has been in the wings for about 3 years. I am now getting around to it but find that I have a few questions before I begin.

The project at hand is the making valances for the windows in our living room. The fabric came from a decorator friend of mine and is in a lovely sage, lichen, tan, berry colorway. The pattern itself is a vine/leaf/berry, a little busy in a traditional kind of way.

My question...does the pattern run across the fabric from salvege to salvege or does it run the length of the bolt? There is no nap that I can tell, just pattern. I am sure that as long as I make all the cuts with the same direction in mind I can do it any way I want...I just don't want to mess it up. I have a lot of sewing experience but for the past several years I have been making quilts, dresses and the like. I admit that decoratior fabric is a bit new to me.

My thinking is that the intended pattern runs from salvage edge to salvage edge. Am I right and is there a 'wrong'?

Thanks, Kids.

sooey

who, as always, is over thinking yet another project...

Comments (18)