SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shelende

Questions about BM Maidenhair Fern #500

shelende
16 years ago

I am considerning Benjamin Moore Maidenhair Fern 500 for my kitchen. Glazed Green #499 is too minty and light. If I had #500 reduced by 25% would it look more like #499 or would it be just a little lighter than 500 but not by much? I don't want to keep shelling out over $5.00 to Sherwin Williams to get their samples of other companies paints. I just want to make sure that this time I get it right. Limesickle lost its green and was too light and Pittsburgh Paint Bahia Grass is to dark and yucky. We have decided not to redo our kitchen which is almond formica and just repaint, change knobs and whatever else I can think of.

Some walls get afternoon sun, some wall are always dark and the almond formica is not as light as one would think so the kitchen color can't be too muddy or light in order to look good with the almond formica. In the shadowy corners, a lot of greens look like pea soup.

The floor put in by the original owners is a brownish, rusty, goldish ceramic tile. The dining room which is visible from the kitchen is BM Vellum.#207. I don't want gold for the kitchen as I think I need a contrast.

We hired electricians about 3 years ago to install recessed lighting and I didn't know enough about placement, I trusted them and now I don't want to go into more expense to redo mistakes. I would like to do the painting myself but I have never painted before. It might be fun.

Comment