SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chipongo

opinions needed on paint color

chipongo
14 years ago

Our kitchen adjoins our family room. The family room has an accent wall in KM Chamois Shirt. It reads very orange, and it is my favorite wall in our house. I planned to carry the color onto the parallel kitchen wall, but because of the different light, the KM Chamois Shirt on the kitchen wall looked like a entirely different color--very brown. It looked like it didn't 'match' the family room wall, and I was disappointed that the 'fun' orange had turned out so brown. My painter felt that it would be too hard to try to create a color that looked like it matched (though I may still try!). Instead, I decided to try something totally different--a deep blue. I absolutely LOVE the color, but the more I look at it, the more I think it isn't right for the kitchen. It does pick up the grays in our granite, but there is absolutely no blue anywhere else. On the other hand, this wall is quite separate from the kitchen work area--perhaps it's okay to set it off with a different color? (There will be a counter stools at the desk and kitchen counter--they are a bronze metal finish with "saddle" vinyl.) I'd love to know what people think---the painter will be here Monday and Tuesday and knows I may want to re-do it. I may just go back to the Chamois Shirt (unfortunately I didn't photograph it before we painted over with the blue). Do you have other ideas of a color to try? The other three walls are a creamy beige (we aren't sure what color it is--KM doesn't think it's one of theirs--they mixed it from an old can that the previous owners left). Thanks in advance for your ideas!

The blue paint is KM Tahoe.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kelly Moore Color Center

Comments (29)