SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rednellie

Once Again, French Doors or Patio Sliders?

redbazel
16 years ago

Accidently, I found a good thread on the Remodeling Forum a couple of weeks ago, addressing this question. One of the contractors posting informed all of us that hinged screen doors are availabe to augment French doors. Until that moment, I didn't know that option existed, I had outlawed the French due to not wanting retractable screens and requiring a screen on our LR patio entrance.

So, with all that in mind, and having a pretty small budget, I need to make a decision on this matter. I just made new drapes and really want to keep the drapery effect.......would french doors with hinged screens look too stupid here in this space?

{{!gwi}}

The slider leads out to a very small covered patio, where the chairs have to be only 3-4 feet from the door. The LR furniture needs to stay as it is and you can see the edge of my DH's recliner next to the slider too. So, I KNOW a new pretty slider could be installed and work very well, updating the look and functioning nicely. But I'm still toying with maybe Anderson French Doors, with only one door functioning. Any suggestions?

Have any of you installed and then wished you did the other option? Anyone put in two fully operational French doors and realized you never used the 2nd door?

Photos?

Red

Comments (12)