SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
raehelen

You won't believe this- drawers and pullouts came- All Wrong!!!

raehelen
16 years ago

I was torn between being excited that today was the day the pullout shelves for the pantry and the drawers were going to be delivered,(Doors and drawer fronts still out being stained) and trying not to get my hopes up in case they didn't come. After several phone calls, I talked to some worker at the shop, and got no confirmation that they were actually coming- but I stayed home all day just in case... Ten minutes before I need to leave for work, the guy arrives with what would fit in his car. Unloads them at the front door, I carry them all upstairs. He comes in to tell me how to install the slides (which are wrapped in packages, and NOT attached to the drawers).

After looking at everything, quickly I say- well they were all supposed to be dove-tailed and they're stapled. "Uh, well, I don't know anything about that, I'll tell Bill" (the carpenter- who I was all enthused about!

When I get home from work, hubby says, yeah they're plywood instead of solid maple- I hadn't even noticed that- just couldn't get past the staples!!!

I can't believe it- it's so absurd, that I can't even really get mad, I feel like I'm in some bad movie! Why is this happening? When I spoke to the carpenter, I said "I need to see a sample of your dove-tail joints- the reason we got into this mess, is that I ordered these cabinets sight unseen- I need to see a sample of your drawers." OH- don't worry, you'll be happy with the quality- I do good work- I'll get one of my guys to drop off a sample drawer." Well, it never happened, and now what....?

My hubby said, well, maybe we'll accept them if they're free. Just wish I wasn't being put in this position again!!!

Comments (8)