SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
homebodymom

Foster mom 'pep talk' needed plz

homebodymom
11 years ago

Hello all,

I am here today looking for a little suppport, and help to not become a foster failure!!!!! I am currently fostering my FIRST pair of kittens from a private rescue group- it is the same rescue where I adopted my 3 cats. I have become soo attached to these 2 kittens I cry everytime I think about returning them for adoption on Saturday. They have been with me 3 weeks and are now 12 wks old. Before my home, the Rescue had them with a different foster home because they needed to be bottle fed. They were to stay with me me until they were big enough to be neutered, vaccinated, and socialized with my 3 cats, my dog, and children. I guess I have done my job and they are now ready for adoption. They will now go to the Rescue owners home until she finds suitable homes, and I am going to get a new pair of babies to raise. This Rescue group does such amazing work saving these babies from the shelter that I wanted to be a part of it. I guess I never anticipated how hard it was going to be to say goodbye. This is soo hard.

Any words of encouragement with people experienced in this will help!!!

thanks

Comments (8)