SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pricklypearcactus

Hancock & Moore Leather Sofa Deal - Should I?

pricklypearcactus
13 years ago

I have been recently offered an absolute steal on a Hancock & Moore leather sofa by a family member who recently opened a designer consignment store ($900 for a $6000 sofa). The sofa is not quite my ideal style or color, but I do like it. My main concern is whether the sofa can fit into my home with the (few) other pieces of furniture I do have and love. Do you think this sofa will work for me?

I believe the sofa is the Hancock & Moore September Sofa in a medium reddish brown leather and brass nailheads.

This is the Hancock & Moore September Sofa (not the color of the actual sofa in question).

While I'm not certain of the exact color, the cell phone pictures look something like this: a medium reddish brown.

I have very few furniture pieces in my living room right now. The only ones that will stay are two of these black and white Anthropologie Astrid chairs that I love.

I have these Pottery Barn ivory Dupioni Silk Tie-Top Drapes that will be staying. The rods are the standard Pottery Barn ball finial rods in pewter.

The walls are painted a medium silvery gray color with white trim with one large accent wall in a deep purple (that could be repainted). The carpet is boring light beige. The ceilings are sloping vaulted with dark beams.

Overall my style tends towards contemporary with a few pieces of traditional and a few interesting/eclectic pieces (like the Astrid chairs). I prefer cool contemporary colors like black, white, and gray mixed with darker warm wood tones (like cherry, mahogany, walnut) and the occasional burst of color (such as the purple wall and ideally some throw pillows and art). We use the room infrequently but I would like to use it more for entertaining, reading, talking on the phone, relaxing, conversation. This is our first home and due to the economy we are not at a financial stage to be buying our dream furniture. I've purchased very few pieces of furniture as I prefer to save up for what I love and have been focused on remodeling/renovating (DIY) the house.

Do you think this Hancock & Moore sofa could fit into my home with these pieces and style? It seems like an absolute steal and I have always intended to put a leather sofa in the room (just a different style/color). The room is large, so at some point I will probably need to add in either a few more chairs or another smaller sofa or loveseat. Thank you in advance for your advice and suggestions. I have learned so much already reading your input on this forum.

Comments (23)